These are the questions and answers for the category What are the locations of main portuguese ports? .
Following are some questions that may have remained unanswered.
Whatare the locations of main portuguese ports?
- The Port of Leixoes is situated at 41º 11' N Latitud and 8º 42' W Longitud .
- The Port of Sines is located at 37º 57' N Latitud and 8º 53' W Longitud.
- The Port of Setubal is situated in estuary of river Sado on Latitud 38º 26' N and Longitud 8º 59' O.
- The Port of Lisbon is located in the estuary of the river Tagus and its coordinates are the following: 38º 42' N latitud and 09º 06' W longitud.
Some brief description of mainly INCOTERMS codes.
- Since 1936 the INCOTERMS codes are used in commercial business being the most usefull the following:
This code means that the seller responsability finish when he places the goods at the disposal of the buyer at the seller's premises , in this circunstancies the goods are not cleared for export . The buyer has to support all costs and risks involved to pick up the goods from the seller's premises.
The sellers responsability stoped, when the goods pass the ship's rail at the agreed port of shipment. The buyer has to take all costs and risks of loss of or damage of the goods from that point.
This Cost , Insurance and Freight code means that the seller responsability finished when the goods pass the ship's rail in the port of shipment. The seller must pay all expenses including freight to bring the goods to the port of destination.
In case of interest we suggest consult one of the several Sites about this matter , for instance: www.proqc.com .
Table of metric equivalences.
1 feet = 0,3048 mts
1 meter = 3,2808 feet
1 yard = 0,9144 mts
1 league = 4,828 kms
1 nautical mile = 1,853 kms
1 knot = 1,8532 kms/hour
Links mais usuais em shipping?
APDL-PORTO DE LEIXOES
APL-PORTO DE LISBOA
APSS-PORTO DE SETUBAL
APS-PORTO DE SINES
PAUTA ADUANEIRA / CUSTOM TABLE
U.N. - ISO CODES
IMO-INTERNATIONAL MARITIME ORGANIZATION
Container Shipping Companies
What is the payload of a 20 ' and 40' standard container.
- The inside capacity of a 20 ' container is approximately 33 cbm and its external dimensions are approximately :
-Length 5,8 m
Max. payload 18.140 kgs
- A 40 ' container has the inside capacity of approximately 67 cbm and its external dimensions are approximately :
-Length 12,1 m
Max. payload 26.650kgs